Frontier / Paterson Border Crossing – US Highway 25, Little Sheep Creek Rd / Canadian Highway 22
- Both the US port of Frontier and the Canadian port of Paterson are open 24 hours per day year round.
- Be sure to review our information on the border crossing experience and required documentation if you have not been across the US / Canadian border in a while.
- You can get customized traffic information for Washington over the phone using the 511 system. Simply dial 5-1-1 and say “traffic”. Next say the road number, such as “5,” and receive up-to-the-minute updates on the road segment you plan to use. If you cannot dial 511 on your phone you can also use the toll-free number 1-800-695-7623
- To hear current road conditions in British Columbia you can call (800)-550-4997.
- Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude:49.000584, -117.83172
Contact Information for the Frontier and Paterson Ports
You may use the telephone numbers below to contact the customs officials and border patrol officers who staff the ports at this border crossing.
- Frontier U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (509) 732-6215
- To contact Canadian Customs or other border services at this port call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.
Current Road Conditions in Washington and British Columbia
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of Washington and the Province of British Columbia. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Frontier and Paterson Ports of Entry Location and Traffic Map
To view Current Traffic Conditions at this border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.
Traffic Alerts for Northeast Washington
Below are the travel alerts issued by the Washington State Department of Transportation for Northeast Washington which includes the area around the border crossing. This reports all major accidents, weather related problems, construction and other events that may affect your travel.
At milepost 106
All roundabouts at the on/off-ramps for both east and westbound I-90 have reopened to traffic. The westbound loop on-ramp has permanently closed. Last Updated: 7/9/2021 2:45 PM More Info
At milepost 276
At milepost 229
At milepost 284
From milepost 296 to milepost 297
At milepost 300
At milepost 296
From milepost 372 to milepost 374
From milepost 282 to milepost 286
Continuing is the closure of the Rosamond bridge over I-90 until further notice. Last Updated: 6/25/2021 12:52 PM More Info
At milepost 12
At milepost 17
From milepost 1 to milepost 2
Business access is available via First Avenue and the alley north of Sprague. Arterial traffic is detoured via Second and Third Avenues. Last Updated: 6/18/2021 3:15 PM More Info