Frontier / Paterson Border Crossing – US Highway 25, Little Sheep Creek Rd / Canadian Highway 22
- Both the US port of Frontier and the Canadian port of Paterson are open 24 hours per day year round.
- Be sure to review our information on the border crossing experience and required documentation if you have not been across the US / Canadian border in a while.
- You can get customized traffic information for Washington over the phone using the 511 system. Simply dial 5-1-1 and say “traffic”. Next say the road number, such as “5,” and receive up-to-the-minute updates on the road segment you plan to use. If you cannot dial 511 on your phone you can also use the toll-free number 1-800-695-7623
- To hear current road conditions in British Columbia you can call (800)-550-4997.
- Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude:49.000584, -117.83172
Contact Information for the Frontier and Paterson Ports
You may use the telephone numbers below to contact the customs officials and border patrol officers who staff the ports at this border crossing.
- Frontier U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (509) 732-6215
- To contact Canadian Customs or other border services at this port call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.
Current Road Conditions in Washington and British Columbia
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of Washington and the Province of British Columbia. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Frontier and Paterson Ports of Entry Location and Traffic Map
To view Current Traffic Conditions at this border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.
Traffic Alerts for Northeast Washington
Below are the travel alerts issued by the Washington State Department of Transportation for Northeast Washington which includes the area around the border crossing. This reports all major accidents, weather related problems, construction and other events that may affect your travel.
From milepost 296 to milepost 297
At milepost 273
From milepost 13 to milepost 79
From milepost 263 to milepost 296
From milepost 119 to milepost 127
Work begins on three new roundabouts at the I-90 Geiger/Grove Road interchange starting Monday, April 12. On Wednesday, April 14, the westbound I-90 loop on-ramp will permanently close. A detour on northbound Grove to WB I-90 will be in place along with drivers exiting WB I-90 needing access to southbound Grove Rd. Last Updated: 4/9/2021 1:26 PM More Info
At milepost 276
At milepost 12
From milepost 1 to milepost 2
Tuesday, April 13 - Walnut & Monroe Street to eastbound I-90
Wednesday, April 14 - Division/Browne Street to eastbound I-90
Thursday, April 15 - SR 290/Hamilton Street to eastbound I-90
Wednesday, April 21 - Division/Browne Street to westbound I-90 Last Updated: 4/9/2021 1:32 PM More Info
From milepost 280 to milepost 283