Lynden / Aldergrove WA Hwy 539 / BC Hwy 13
The Aldergrove crossing is an option to Peace Arch or Blaine crossing for general and commercial traffic and may be faster than those crossings even if it is somewhat out of the way of your destination. Some of our readers recommend it for heavy travel periods because “at least you keep moving”. However, border crossing delays of up to 3 hours do occur at various times so it is not a slam dunk. The Aldergrove crossing has become the second-busiest commercial crossings in the Lower Mainland, behind only the Pacific Highway Truck Crossing in Surrey
Always check our page with current road conditions, weather, traffic, and border wait times so you know what is happening when you are heading to the Lynden / Aldergrove border crossing.
Lynden Aldergrove Port Information
- Hours of operation only 8:00 am to midnight year round both directions
- The U.S. Lynden port has a Ready Lane that is open from 12 p.m. until 4 p.m., Monday through Friday as of May 2014.
- Entering the U.S. – 2 Commercial lanes, 3 auto lanes
- Entering Canada – 2 Commercial lane, 5 auto lanes beginning Spring 2016
- Canadian Commercial Services: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday
- This port will have a NEXUS lanes beginning Spring 2016. We have a separate page showing Nexus lane hours.
Lynden / Aldergrove Port of Entry Location Map
Travel Tips for the Lynden / Aldergrove Border Crossing
- Here is a handy link to Canadian hotels near the Lynden / Aldergrove Border crossing and here is another link to hotels on the Lynden side of the port.
- The bulk of Lynden truck traffic is during the weekday
- The highest peaks of passenger vehicle traffic are on the weekends.
- Weekend backups are so bad at times that drivers stuck in hours-long lineups can become aggressive when others cut in line. Officials at the city of Langley have put up signs banning southbound turns that motorists use to butt in line and Canadian officers issue a lot of tickets. The problem comes largely from residents of Langley and nearby Abbotsford and officials are considering methods to physically change traffic flow.
- You can get customized traffic information for Washington over the phone using the 511 system. Simply dial 5-1-1 and say “traffic”. Next say the road number, such as “5,” and receive up-to-the-minute updates on the road segment you plan to use. If you cannot dial 511 on your phone you can also use the toll-free number 1-800-695-7623
- To hear current road conditions in British Columbia you can call (800)-550-4997.
- The Northwest Washington Fair – occurs in late August in the town of Lynden. It is held off Hwy 539 which is the road which access this border crossing.
- There is a Duty Free Americas shop at 9948 Guide Meridian Road, Lynden, WA. Telephone: (360) 354 – 2481. Hours: 8am to 10pm Monday through Sunday.
- Lynden / Aldergrove Port GPS coordinates: 49°0’7″N 122°29’7″W
- There is a Canadian Duty Free shop at 111 264 Diversion, Aldergrove, BC. Phone: 604-856-8867.
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at the Lynden / Aldergrove Border Crossing
- Lynden U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (360) 354-2183
- To contact Canadian Customs or other border patrol services at this port call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.