Metaline Falls / Nelway Border Crossing
The Metaline Falls / Nelway border crossing is located on Washington Hwy 31 and British Columbia Hwy 6.
Metaline Falls / Nelway Port Information
- US Border Crossing: 8am to 8pm
- Canadian Port: 8am to 12 pm
- Limited border hours may change. Call border office or confirm hours of operation.
- You can get traffic information for Washington over the phone using the 511 system. Simply dial 5-1-1 and say “traffic”. If you cannot dial 511 on your phone you can also use the toll-free number 1-800-695-7623
- To hear current road conditions in British Columbia you can call (800)-550-4997.
- Port GPS coordinates- Latitude & Longitude: 48.999901, -117.29992
Current Road Conditions in Washington and British Columbia
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of Washington and the Province of British Columbia. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Metaline Falls and Nelway
- Metaline Falls U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (509) 446-4421
- To contact Canadian Customs or other border services at this port call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.
Webcams of Road Conditions Near the Metaline Falls / Nelway Border Crossing
These webcams show the road conditions near the port of entry. You may need to refresh your browser to see current conditions.
Metaline Falls / Nelway Port of entry Location and Traffic Conditions Map
“To view Current Traffic Conditions at this border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer
Traffic Alerts for Northeast Washington
Below are the travel alerts issued by the Washington State Department of Transportation for Northeast Washington which includes the area around the border crossing. This reports all major accidents, weather related problems, construction and other events that may affect your travel.
At milepost 106
All roundabouts at the on/off-ramps for both east and westbound I-90 have reopened to traffic. The westbound loop on-ramp has permanently closed. Last Updated: 7/9/2021 2:45 PM More Info
At milepost 276
At milepost 229
At milepost 284
From milepost 296 to milepost 297
At milepost 296
From milepost 372 to milepost 374
From milepost 282 to milepost 286
Continuing is the closure of the Rosamond bridge over I-90 until further notice. Last Updated: 6/25/2021 12:52 PM More Info
At milepost 12
At milepost 17
From milepost 1 to milepost 2
Business access is available via First Avenue and the alley north of Sprague. Arterial traffic is detoured via Second and Third Avenues. Last Updated: 6/18/2021 3:15 PM More Info