Oroville / Osoyoos Border Crossing – U.S. Hwy 97 / BC Hwy 97
- Hours of operation: 24 Hr service year round
- FAST Lanes are available
- Entering Canada – Typically 1 lane only, 2nd lane in summer daytime, 3rd lane on occasion
- Entering the U.S. – three multi-purpose traffic lanes, two lanes dedicated for trucks and one bus lane. Truck lane not always open
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Oroville / Osoyoos
- Oroville U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (509) 476-2955
- To contact Canadian Customs or other border services at this port call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.
Map of Oroville / Osoyoos Border Crossing Area
Current traffic information is shown in color if available. This map is interactive so you may zoom in or out. Drag the orange “man” to the map to see a street view of roads in this area. You can get directions to this port by clicking on the “Directions” link under the map.
Travel Tips for the Oroville / Osoyoos Customs and Border Crossing
- Here is a handy link to hotels in Oroville, Washington and here is another link to hotels in Osoyoos, Canada.
- Friday and Sunday afternoons – busiest times of the week with waits up to 1 HR
- Busiest time of year is the British Columbia Day long weekend in August 1 and 4
- There are Traffic Advisory Signs northbound travelers on Hwy. 97. The first sign is located near the Okanogan River, just south of Oroville, and the second sign is located near the intersection of Hwy 97 and Westlake Road near the Prince’s Foods supermarket.
- You can get customized traffic information for Washington over the phone using the 511 system. Simply dial 5-1-1 and say “traffic”. Next say the road number, such as “5,” and receive up-to-the-minute updates on the road segment you plan to use. If you cannot dial 511 on your phone you can also use the toll-free number 1-800-695-7623
- To hear current road conditions in British Columbia you can call (800)-550-4997.
- There is an Osoyoos Duty Free shop at 202 97th Street, Osoyoos, BC. Their telephone number is 250-495-7288.
- There is a Duty Free Americas shop at 33606D Highway 97 in Oroville. Their telephone number is (509) 476 – 3114. Hours: 8am to 8pm Monday thru Sunday
- Oroville / Osoyoos GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude:</strong>49.000239, -119.46225
- Send us YOUR tips about this port.
Current Road Conditions in Washington and British Columbia
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of Washington and the Province of British Columbia. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Traffic Alerts for Northeast Washington
Below are the travel alerts issued by the Washington State Department of Transportation for Northeast Washington which includes the area around the border crossing. This reports all major accidents, weather related problems, construction and other events that may affect your travel.
At milepost 27
At milepost 263
At milepost 146
From milepost 275 to milepost 278
From milepost 291 to milepost 293
From milepost 222 to milepost 232
From milepost 3 to milepost 11
From milepost 3 to milepost 4
Lincoln Street from Spokane Falls Blvd to Main is a southbound street for the duration of this project. Lincoln is the detour route for traffic coming from the River Park Square garage and Spokane Falls Blvd. Lincoln has two lanes of traffic, and drivers are required to go east or west at Main Avenue. The right lane of Spokane Falls Boulevard will be closed around the corner of Lincoln Street starting Monday, August 7. Last Updated: 7/31/2017 4:34 PM More Info
From milepost 23 to milepost 41
From milepost 91 to milepost 107