The State of Minnesota has shut down many government functions due to a budget impasse and some of these will affect vacation and business travelers in the state. Here is a partial list of shutdowns that may affect your driving plans:
- State Parks are closing and camping reservations will not be honored. Refunds will be issued.
- The website for making future camping reservations will be down.
- You will not be able to obtain fishing, hunting or boating licenses as the government website will be down.
- 511mn.org, traffic cameras, and other traveler information services are not in operation and project websites will not be updated. This will impact some of the real-time information on ezbordercrossing.com.
- Work on road construction projects has been suspended. Contractor’s equipment may be removed from the projects.
- Rest areas on Minnesota state highways will be closed.
- FIRST trucks will not be operating.
We have no idea of how long these services will be unavailable and presume that it will take some time to restart them once the budget crisis is resolved. We will post an update on www.ezbordercrossing.com when these problems are resolved.