The International Falls Bridge connects Fort Frances, Ontario and International Falls, Minnesota. The bridge carries both road and rail traffic on the same level. Train traffic runs in the center section of the bridge, which is only a single traffic lane wide. Trucks that are crossing also use the center section, so they are subject to two-way traffic control. The toll booth for this bridge is on the Canadian side of the bridge when you come into Canada.
International Falls / Fort Frances Bridge Toll Details
We have never been able to find a website that shows the current toll prices, so most travelers become aware of the rate as they approach the toll booth. Given how difficult it is to get current toll prices for this bridge, please note that this information was accurate as of 2021.
- The toll rates are $7 for cars & pickup trucks, $2 for motorcycles, $8 for campers, $16 for semi trucks and buses, $350 for trucks with oversized loads, and $4 for trailers.
- Discounted multi-trip swipe cards are available at the area grocery stores.
- Tolls are only charged for northbound vehicles, and they are good for a complete round-trip.
- There is no toll collected on southbound trips or for pedestrian traffic.
- You can purchase a swipe card which is good for 12 discounted round trips on the bridge. As of this writing, swipe cards can be purchased at Canada Safeway in Fort Frances (417 Scott Street) and in International Falls at Stop & Shop, Super One, and Super Value.
This bridge is jointly owned by Boise Inc. and Abitibi Consolidated, which have been actively trying to sell the property.
Our International Bridge / Fort Frances border crossing page has complete information about this border crossing, including current traffic information.