The Rainbow Bridge at Niagara Falls connects the cities of Niagara Falls, New York, United States, and Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada. It connects U.S. Interstate 190 with the exit 420 on the Queen Elizabeth Way.
Our Rainbow Bridge border crossing page has complete information about this border crossing including current traffic information.
Rainbow Bridge Details
- No commercial trucks are allowed on the bridge.
- Car tolls are collected when leaving the United States. Pedestrian toll is collected by an automatic turnstile when leaving Canada.
- Tour bus lanes are designated.
- There is a pedestrian walkway on the bridge, but be sure you have the required documentation to cross the border if you are going to go completely across the bridge.
- Tolls can be paid using Express Pass.
- Tolls can be paid using your NEXUS card.
Toll Cost & Vehicle Definitions
TOLL RATES - Effective August 1, 2022
*Note: Tolls are paid one way into Canada.
Pedestrians and bicyclists? $1.00 in both currencies
How much are overweight surcharges? (All trucks weighing more than 130,000 must clear loads in advance. See Trucker Services)
Effective: AUGUST 1, 2022
How much for over-width trucks? Special arrangements, such as closing one side of the bridge, to allow extremely wide trucks to cross, require additional charges ($525.00 US or $685.00CDN)
Where do I pay toll? Toll booths at Rainbow and Whirlpool Rapids are located as you begin to cross into Canada. At Lewiston-Queenston, the toll booth is located in Canada.
Note: Tolls are paid one way into Canada.
Pedestrians and Bicyclists
$1.00 – both currencies as of 9/1/2018. Rates do change over time, so you can confirm the current rate on the Bridge Commission tolls page linked below.
Niagara Falls Bridge Commission Contact Information
The Rainbow, Whirlpool Rapids, and Lewiston-Queenston Bridges are all managed by the Niagara Falls Bridge Commission.
U.S. Contact Information
5365 Military Rd.
Canadian Canadian Contact Information
Canada P.O. Box 395
Niagara Falls, ON.
For Existing Commercial Accounts: [email protected]
For New Commercial Account Inquiries: [email protected]
General Inquiries: [email protected]