Franklin Delano Roosevelt Bridge – Lubec / Campobello Island – Maine State Route 189 / New Brunswick Route 774
Lubec is a small fishing village that sits on the most eastern U.S. / Canadian border crossing. On the Canadian side of the border Campobello Island houses the historic 34 room FDR summer “cottage”. This border crossing carries a fair amount of traffic which is almost exclusively local residents and vacation travelers. This port averages 800-900 vehicles per day and a long delay tends to be about 30 minutes. That can rise to two hours during the summer.
FDR Bridge Port Information
- Hours of Operation – This port is open 24 hours per day, 7 days a week
- Canadian commercial Services are available 8:45 to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday (except holidays).
Current Road Conditions in Maine and Saint John District
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of Maine and the Province of New Brunswick. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Map of the FDR Bridge Border Crossing Area
Current traffic conditions are shown on the map in bright colors if data is available. This map is interactive so you may zoom in or out. You can zoom in and drag the orange “man” to the map to see a street view of roadways in this area. You can get directions to this port by clicking on the “Directions” link at the bottom of the map.
Traveler Tips – FDR Bridge Customs and Border Crossing
- There is no gas station on Campobello Island so it is advisable to fill up before heading across the bridge.
- During the summer season there are a couple of ferries that run between the island and Deer Island, NB via Letete, NB so you may want to consider using them instead of driving across the bridge.
- You can get Maine road advisories and construction information 24 x 7 by calling 5-1-1 or 866-282-7578.
- New Brunswick is also part of the 511 system so you can obtain similar information by calling 511 from within the province or 800-561-4063 from anywhere else in North America.
- Send us YOUR tips about this port!
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Lubec and Campobello Island
- Lubec U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: 204-983-3500
- For Canadian Customs at this port call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) who can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.
FDR Bridge GPS coordinates
– Latitude & Longitude: 44°51’33″N 66°58’39″W