Morgan / Monchy – MT State Hwy 191 / SK 4
A very quiet port that ranks as the 12th least used border crossing between the U.S. and Canada. It is reported that Canadian Highway 4 is in fairly rough condition which is hard on both commercial trucks and their payloads. Be aware that most of Saskatchewan observes Central Standard Time year round and does not shift to Daylight Saving Time. Make sure you confirm that the Monchy Port will be open when you arrive there.
Morgan / Monchy Port Information
- The service hours for border crossings with limited service hours such as this one can change so you may want to call the border office or otherwise confirm it’s hours of operation.
- The U.S. border hours of operation are seasonal - Sep 16 to May 31 – Operational hours 9 AM to 6 PM. June 1 to Sep 15 – Operational hours are 8 am to 9 pm
- Canadian border hours of operation are seasonal – 9:00 am to 6:00 pm from the Second Sunday in March to May 31. 8:00 am to 9:00 pm, June 1 to September 15. 9:00 am to 6:00 pm September 16 to first Saturday in November. 10:00 to 7:00 pm the first Sunday in November to the second Saturday in March.
- This is a Class A U.S. port which means it is a designated port for all aliens. Foreign nationals entering the U.S. should use Class A Ports of Entry.
Montana and Saskatchewan Road Advisories
We have a special pages showing all current road advisories for both the State of Montana and for the Province of Saskatchewan. These pages show all weather conditions such as snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, road restrictions, traffic problems, warnings, and roadwork.
Map of Morgan / Monchy Border Crossing Area
Click on the “Traffic” button to see current traffic information if available. This map is interactive so you may zoom in or out. Drag the orange “man” to the map to see a street view if available in this area. You can get directions to this port by clicking on the “Directions” link under the map.
Travel Tips for the Morgan Monchy Customs and Border Crossing
- You can retrieve Montana road condition information by phone by calling 1.800.226.7623 or 1.800.335.7592 (TTY)
- Saskatchewan has a voice Highway Hotline which you can reach by calling 306-933-8333 or toll-free in Canada by calling 888-335-7623
- Morgan Monchy Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 48.999829, -107.831819
- Send us YOUR tips about this port.
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Morgan / Monchy
- Morgan U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (406) 674-5284
- You will need to call the Canadian Border Information Service (CBIS) for information on the Canadian port as they discourage calls directly to the customs office.