Opheim / West Poplar River – MT Hwy 24 / SK Hwy 2
Only 8 other ports between the two countries carry fewer vehicles than this sleepy border crossing. This port is situated in open plains and used primarily by local residents and vacation travelers. Be aware that most of Saskatchewan observes Central Standard Time year round and does not shift to Daylight Saving Time. Make sure you confirm that the Canadian port will be open when you arrive there.
Opheim / West Poplar River Port Information
- The service hours for border crossings with limited service hours such as this one can change so you may want to call the border office or otherwise confirm it’s hours of operation.
- U.S. Service Hours 9 am to 5 pm year round
- Canadian border hours of operation are seasonal – 9:00 to 18:00 the Second Sunday in March to May 31, 8 :00 to 21:00 June 1 to September 15, 9:00 to 18:00 September 16 to the first Saturday in November, 10:00 to 19:00 First Sunday in November to the second Saturday in March. Open 7 days a week
- Commercial services at the Canadian port are more limited so call the Customs office for more details.
Montana and Saskatchewan Road Advisories
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for both the State of Montana and for the Province of Saskatchewan. These pages show all weather conditions, lane closures or blockages, road restrictions, traffic problems, warnings, and roadwork.
Map of Opheim / West Poplar River Border Crossing Area
Click on the “Traffic” button to see current traffic information if available. This map is interactive so you may zoom in or out. Drag the orange “man” to the map to see a street view if available in this area. You can get directions to this port by clicking on the “Directions” link under the map.
Travel Tips for the Opheim / West Poplar River Customs and Border Crossing
- You can retrieve Montana road condition information by phone by calling 1.800.226.7623 or 1.800.335.7592 (TTY)
- Saskatchewan also has a voice Highway Hotline which you can reach by calling 306-933-8333 or toll-free in Canada by calling 888-335-7623.
- Opheim / West Poplar River Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 48.999618, -106.377810
- Send us YOUR tips about this port!
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Opheim / West Poplar
- Opheim U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (406) 724-3212
- You will need to call the Canadian Border Information Service (CBIS) for information on the Canadian port as they discourage calls directly to the customs office.