Limestone / Gillespie Portage Border Crossing – Maine highway 229, Grand Falls Road / New Brunswick route 375
This is a low-volume port used primarily by local residents and vacationers with very little truck traffic. The small, rural town of Limestone is situated at the intersection of Route 89, U.S. Highway 1 and Route 229, which heads east two miles to the Canadian border. The Trans-Canada Highway runs about three miles to the east of the port.
Limestone / Gillespie Portage Port Information
- This port is open 6:00am to 6:00pm EDT, 7 days a week, year round.
- The nearby Fort Fairfield port of entry operates 24 hours a day, seven days per week.
Current Road Conditions in Maine and the Edmundston District of NB
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the state of Maine and the province of New Brunswick. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.LIMESTONE WEATHER
Travel Tips – Limestone / Gillespie Portage Customs and Border Crossing
- You can get Maine road advisories and construction information 24/7 by calling 5-1-1 or 866-282-7578.
- New Brunswick is also part of the 511 system, so you can obtain similar information by calling 511 from within the province, or 800-561-4063 from anywhere else in North America.
- Limestone / Gillespie Portage Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 46°55’28″N 67°47’22″W
Limestone and Gillespie Portage Ports of Entry Location and Traffic Map
To view current traffic conditions at this border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Limestone and Gillespie Portage
- Limestone U.S. Customs Office 410 Grand Falls Rd, Limestone, ME 04750. Telephone Number: (207) 325-4769.
- To contact Canadian customs or other border patrol services at Gillespie call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS), which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.