Limestone / Gillespie Portage Border Crossing – Maine highway 229, Grand Falls Road / New Brunswick route 375
This is a low volume port used primarily by local residents and vacationers with very little truck traffic. The small, rural town of Limestone is situated at the intersection of Route 89, U.S. Highway 1 and Route 229 which heads east two miles to the Canadian Border. The Trans-Canada Highway runs about three miles to the east of the port.
Limestone / Gillespie Portage Port Information
- This port is open 6am to 6pm EST, 7 days a week, year around.
- The nearby Fort Fairfield port of entry operates 24 hours a day, seven days per week.
Current Road Conditions in Maine and the Edmundston District of NB
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of Maine and the Province of New Brunswick. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Map of the Limestone / Gillespie Portage Border Crossing Area
Current traffic conditions are shown on the map in bright colors if data is available. This map is interactive so you may zoom in or out. You can zoom in and drag the orange “man” to the map to see a street view of roadways in this area. You can get directions to this port by clicking on the “Directions” link at the bottom of the map.
Travel Tips – Limestone / Gillespie Portage Customs and Border Crossing
- You can get Maine road advisories and construction information 24 x 7 by calling 5-1-1 or 866-282-7578.
- New Brunswick is also part of the 511 system so you can obtain similar information by calling 511 from within the province or 800-561-4063 from anywhere else in North America.
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Limestone and Gillespie Portage
- Limeston U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (207) 325-4769
- To contact Canadian Customs or other border patrol services at this port call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.
Limestone / Gillespie Portage Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 46°55’28″N 67°47’22″W