Limestone / Gillespie Portage Border Crossing – Maine highway 229, Grand Falls Road / New Brunswick route 375
This is a low volume port used primarily by local residents and vacationers with very little truck traffic. The small, rural town of Limestone is situated at the intersection of Route 89, U.S. Highway 1 and Route 229 which heads east two miles to the Canadian Border. The Trans-Canada Highway runs about three miles to the east of the port.
Limestone / Gillespie Portage Port Information
- This port is open 24 hrs per day, 7 days a week, year around.
- Canadian commercial services are available 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday to Friday (except holidays).
Current Road Conditions in Maine and the Edmundston District of NB
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of Maine and the Province of New Brunswick. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Map of the Limestone / Gillespie Portage Border Crossing Area
Current traffic conditions are shown on the map in bright colors if data is available. This map is interactive so you may zoom in or out. You can zoom in and drag the orange “man” to the map to see a street view of roadways in this area. You can get directions to this port by clicking on the “Directions” link at the bottom of the map.
Travel Tips – Limestone / Gillespie Portage Customs and Border Crossing
- You can get Maine road advisories and construction information 24 x 7 by calling 5-1-1 or 866-282-7578.
- New Brunswick is also part of the 511 system so you can obtain similar information by calling 511 from within the province or 800-561-4063 from anywhere else in North America.
- Send us YOUR tips about this port!
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Limestone and Gillespie Portage
- Limeston U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (207) 325-4769
- You will need to call the Canadian Border Information Service (CBIS) for information on the Canadian port as they discourage calls directly to the border patrol office.
Limestone / Gillespie Portage Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 46°55’28″N 67°47’22″W