Monticello / Bloomfield Border Crossing – Fletcher Road / Line Road
Important Note: The U.S. Customs and Border Protection has closed the Monticello / Bloomfield Border Crossing until October 1, 2021 because of the low traffic volumes brought on by Covid-19.
This is a very quiet border crossing with limited hours and differences between U.S. and Canadian hours of operation. The port handles only about 5 cars per day. The road is blocked with locked gates when the border crossing is closed.
Monticello / Bloomfield Border Crossing Information
- The Operational Hours for the U.S. port are listed as 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM EST, Weekdays (Monday-Friday) and 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM on Saturday. Closed Sunday.
- Canadian port hours of operation are 9:00 to 5:00 pm. The Canadian port is closed on Sundays and all Canadian statutory holidays.
Current Road Conditions in Maine and Fredericton District in NB
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of Maine and the Province of New Brunswick. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Webcam Near the Bloomfield Border Crossing
Travel Tips – Monticello and Bloomfield and Border Crossing
- You can get Maine road advisories and construction information 24 x 7 by calling 5-1-1 or 866-282-7578.
- New Brunswick is also part of the 511 system so you can obtain similar information by calling 511 from within the province or 800-561-4063 from anywhere else in North America.
- The natural beauty of this remote area also means there are much fewer travel services. Make sure you keep track of the weather, fill up your gas tank at all major towns, and carry an emergency road kit.
- Monticello Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 46°19’3″N 67°46’57″W
- Canadian Services at this port:
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Monticello and Bloomfield
- Monticello U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (207) 538-9475
- Canadian Customs is located at 185 Line Road, Bloomfield NB E7K 1C5. To contact Canadian Customs or border patrol services at this port call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.
Monticello and Bloomfield Ports of Entry Location and Traffic Map
To view Current Traffic Conditions at this border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.