Blue Water Bridge – Port Huron / Sarnia (Point Edward) – U.S. Interstate 69 and 94 / Canadian ON 402
The Blue Water Bridge is 60 miles north of the Detroit-Windsor Tunnel and links U.S. Interstates, I-69 and I-94 with Canadian Highway, 402. Highways 401 and 402 are two of the busiest highways in Canada. As part of a major transportation corridor, this is one of the busiest border crossings between the U.S. and Canada and has traditionally been one of the most congested.
Blue Water Bridge Hours and Port Details
- Hours of operation – this port is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- This port has NEXUS lanes for entering the U.S. or Canada. We have a separate page showing Nexus lane hours for both countries.
- Cars and RVs share the same lanes.
- There are 13 primary inspection lanes on the U.S. side, which are forced to handle more traffic per inspection booth than at any other Canada-U.S. border crossing.
- The bridge has 2 spans with three lanes of eastbound traffic on one and three lanes of westbound traffic on the other.
- We have a separate page showing the tolls on the Blue Water Bridge.
Diagrams Showing Lane Configurations at the Blue Water Bridge Border Crossing
Current Traffic and Road Conditions at the Blue Water Bridge
Always check our page with real time road conditions, traffic, and border wait times to see current conditions for the Blue Water Bridge border crossing. You should also review our page with road conditions for the Blue Water Bridge area during times of unsettled weather.
Blue Water Bridge Travel Tips
- There is a handy link to hotels in Port Huron, MI and here is a link to hotels in Sarnia, Canada.
- You can call 1-800-381-8477 for Michigan weather and road conditions updates.
- The Canadian port has message boards that provide real-time information to commercial and passenger traffic.
- Sometimes a ferry crossing at another location could be faster than using the bridge.
- Travelers advise that after crossing the border into Ontario there are very few services for almost 1.5 hours on Hwy 402.
- Canadian Ministry of Transportation road information by phone: 1-800-268-4686.
- To talk to the NEXUS commuter lane program desk, call (810) 985-9541 x 132.
- Blue Water Bridge Duty Free Shop: 2 Bridge Street, Point Edward, Ontario. Phone: 519-332-4680 or 800-395-7672.
- For information on vehicle restrictions, call (519)337-8721.
- The NEXUS bypass that was around for a few years is no longer in service.
- Blue Water Bridge Port GPS Coordinates – Longitude and Latitude: 42.323758, -83.041280
Blue Water Bridge Border Port of Entry Location Map
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at the Blue Water Bridge
- Blue Water Bridge U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (810) 985-7125
- Blue Water Bridge Authority: 1410 Elmwood (entrance on 10th Ave.) Port Huron, MI 48060. Phone: 810-984-3131 (24 hours), or 866-422-6346.
- For Canadian Customs, call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS), who can answer your questions or transfer you to the Canadian port.