Del Bonita – Chalk Butte Rd, Montana Highway 213N / Alberta Highway 62
Although this is the 5th most used border crossing in Montana, it is in the bottom 1/3 of all US border crossings and carries very little truck traffic. Both the Canadian CBSA and the US CBP call their port of entry “Del Bonita.”
Del Bonita Port Information
- U.S. side hours of operation: 9am – 5pm MT, Mon – Fri.
- Canadian side hours of operation (7 days a week)
- June 1 to September 15: 8am – 9pm
- September 16 to May 31: 9am – 6pm
Travel Tips for the Del Bonita Customs and Border Crossing
- Here are handy links to hotels in Montana and Alberta Canada.
- This port is considerably less crowded than the Sweetgrass / Coutts border crossing, which is the next crossing to the east.
- You can retrieve Montana road condition information by phone by calling 1-800-226-7623 or 1-800-335-7592 (TTY).
- Road Reports for the Province of Alberta are available through by calling 1-877-AMA-HWYS (1-877-262-4997).
- Del Bonita is a U.S. “Permit Port,” which means that importations of cargo must be approved in advance by the Sweetgrass Service Port.
- Del Bonita Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 48.99863, -112.78841
Current Road Conditions in Montana and AlbertaDEL BONITA WEATHER
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the state of Montana and the province of Alberta. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Del Bonita Port of Entry Location and Traffic Map
To view Current Traffic Conditions at this border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.
Contact Information for the Del Bonita Ports
You may use the telephone numbers below to contact the customs officials and border patrol officers who man the ports at this border crossing.
- The Del Bonita U.S. Customs Office is located at 4071 Chalk Butte Road, 41 miles north of Cut Bank on Hwy 213, Cut Bank, MT 59427-9109. You can call the office at 406-336-2130.
- You will need to call the Canadian Border Information Service (CBIS) for information on the Canadian port, as they discourage calls directly to the customs office.