Morgan / Monchy – Montana State Highway 191 and Saskatchewan Highway 4
This is a very quiet port that ranks as the 12th least used border crossing between the U.S. and Canada. It is reported that Canadian Highway 4 is in fairly rough condition which is hard on both commercial trucks and their payloads. Be aware that most of Saskatchewan observes Central Standard Time year round and does not shift to Daylight Saving Time.
Morgan / Monchy Port Information
- The U.S. port hours of operation are 9 AM to 7 PM MDT, 7 days a week year around as of June 1, 2019.
- Canadian border hours of operation are seasonal
- 9:00 to 18:00 – Second Sunday in March to May 31
- 8:00 to 21:00 – June 1 to September 15
- 9:00 to 18:00 – September 16 to first Saturday in November
- 10:00 to 19:00 – First Sunday in November to the second Saturday in March
- 7 days a week
Montana and Saskatchewan Road Advisories
We have a special pages showing all current road advisories for both the State of Montana and for the Province of Saskatchewan. These pages show all weather conditions such as snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, road restrictions, traffic problems, warnings, and roadwork.
Travel Tips for the Morgan Monchy Customs and Border Crossing
- The U.S. port at Morgan is a Permit Port, which means that importations of cargo must be approved in advance by the Port of Sweetgrass. Contact the Port of Entry for more information.
- You can retrieve Montana road condition information by phone by calling 1.800.226.7623 or 1.800.335.7592 (TTY)
- Saskatchewan has a voice Highway Hotline which you can reach by calling 306-933-8333 or toll-free in Canada by calling 888-335-7623
- Morgan Monchy Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 48.999829, -107.831819
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Morgan and Monchy
You may use the telephone numbers below to contact the customs officials and border patrol officers who man the ports at this border crossing.
- Morgan U.S. Customs is located at 53869 US Highway 191 N Loring, MT 59537-9600. Their Telephone Number is (406) 674-5284.
- To contact Canadian Customs or other border patrol services at Monchy call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.
Morgan MD, Monchy Saskatchewan Ports of Entry Location and Traffic Map
To view Current Traffic Conditions at this border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.