Churubusco / Franklin – U.S. NY 189 / Canadian QC 209
This is a very small border crossing with limited hours of operation. For that reason, Canadian officials closed their side of this port on April 1, 2011. U.S. officials decided against closure and are in fact upgrading the Customs facility. This is now a “one-way” port that allows access into the U.S. but not back into Canada. The nearest alternative port is Herdman.
Churubusco / Franklin Border Crossing Information
- The service hours for border crossings with limited service hours such as this one can change so you may want to call the border office or otherwise confirm it’s hours of operation.
- U.S. Hours of Operation – 8:00AM – 4:00PM (EST), Seven Days Week
- The Canadian Port is closed permanently
- Commercial Services are available only M-F with more limited hours. Call the border office for more information.
Current Road Conditions in New York and Quebec
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of New York and the Province of Quebec. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Travel Tips for the Churubusco / Franklin Border Crossing
- You can call 511 or 888-GO511NY (888-465-1169) in New York to get “almost” real time road conditions information.
- Québec also has the 511 telephone service, available 24/7, which provides road conditions information. From within Quebec Province call 511 on any phone. You can also reach it from anywhere in North America by calling 1 888 355-0511 toll free.
- Churubusco / Franklin Port GPS Coordinates – Latitude and Longitude:44°59’54″N 73°56’21″W
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Churubusco and Franklin
- Churubusco U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (518) 483-0821
- To contact Canadian Customs or other border patrol services at Franklin call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port
Churubusco and Franklin Ports of Entry Location and Traffic Map
To view Current Traffic Conditions at this border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.