Churubusco / Franklin – U.S. NY 189 / Canadian QC 209
This is a very small border crossing with limited hours of operation. For that reason, Canadian officials closed their side of this port on April 1, 2011. U.S. officials decided against closure and are in fact upgrading the Customs facility. This is now a “one-way” port that allows access into the U.S. but not back into Canada. The nearest alternative port is Herdman.
Churubusco / Franklin Border Crossing Information
- The service hours for border crossings with limited service hours such as this one can change so you may want to call the border office or otherwise confirm it’s hours of operation.
- U.S. Hours of Operation – This port is only open 8am to Midnight May 1 to October 31 and 8am to 4pm Nov 1 to April 30.
- Commercial Services are available only M-F with more limited hours. Call the border office for more information.
Map of Churubusco / Franklin Border Crossing Area
Current traffic conditions are shown on the map in bright colors if data is available. This map is interactive so you may zoom in or out. You can zoom in and drag the orange “man” to the map to see a street view of roadways in this area. You can get directions to this port by clicking on the “Directions” link at the bottom of the map.
Current Road Conditions in New York and Quebec
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of New York and the Province of Quebec. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Travel Tips for the Churubusco / Franklin Border Crossing
- You can call 511 or 888-GO511NY (888-465-1169) in New York to get “almost” real time road conditions information.
- Québec also has the 511 telephone service, available 24/7, which provides road conditions information. From within Quebec Province call 511 on any phone. You can also reach it from anywhere in North America by calling 1 888 355-0511 toll free.
- Send us your tips about this port!
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Churubusco and Franklin
- Churubusco U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (518) 483-0821
- You will need to call the Canadian Border Information Service (CBIS) for information on the Canadian port as they discourage calls directly to the border patrol office.
Churubusco / Franklin Port GPS Coordinates – Latitude and Longitude: