Churubusco / Franklin – U.S. NY 189 / Canadian QC 209
This is a very small border crossing with limited hours of operation. For that reason, Canadian officials closed their side of this port. U.S. officials decided against closure, so this is now a “one-way” port that allows access into the U.S., but not back into Canada. The nearest alternative port with two-way access is Herdman.
Churubusco / Franklin Border Crossing Information
- U.S. Hours of Operation – 8:00AM – 4:00PM (EST), Seven Days Week
- The Canadian Port is closed permanently.
- Commercial Services are available only M-F with more limited hours. Call the border office for more information.
Current Road Conditions in New York and Quebec
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the state of New York and the province of Quebec. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.CHURUBUSCO WEATHER
Travel Tips for the Churubusco / Franklin Border Crossing
- Here is a handy link to hotels in New York state and here is another link to hotels in Quebec Province on the Canadian side of the border.
- You can call 511 or 888-GO511NY (888-465-1169) in New York to get “almost” real time road conditions information.
- Québec also has the 511 telephone service, available 24/7, which provides road conditions information.
- From within Quebec Province call 511 on any phone.
- You can also reach it from anywhere in North America by calling 1(888)355-0511 toll-free.
- Churubusco / Franklin Port GPS Coordinates – Latitude and Longitude:44°59’54″N 73°56’21″W
Churubusco and Franklin Ports of Entry Location and Traffic Map
To view current traffic conditions at this border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Churubusco and Franklin
- Churubusco U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (518) 483-0821
- To contact Canadian Customs or other border patrol services at Franklin, call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS), which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port