Neche / Gretna at North Dakota Highway 18 and Manitoba Highway 30
The Neche and Gretna ports are located west of the heavily used Pembina and Emerson ports. You can review current traffic conditions and border lineups at Pembina / Emerson to help decide whether to use Neche / Gretna instead. Although not as busy, this is still the 4th most heavily traveled border crossing in North Dakota with about 200 cars and 100 trucks going through on a high volume day. Before heading to the border, be sure to also review our information on the going through customs and required documentation.
Neche and Gretna Port Information
- Both the U.S. and Canadian ports are open 8am to 10pm, 7 days a week.
- This is a Canadian Designated Export Office (EXPORT)
- Commercial Services are available only M-F with more limited hours. Call the border office for more information at the numbers we list below.
Customs and Border Crossing Travel Tips for Neche and Gretna
- Here is a handy link to hotels in Neche North Dakota and here is another link to hotels in Winnipeg, Canada which is the largest city near the Gretna Canadian border crossing.
- You can get current road condition information when in Manitoba Province by dialing 204-945-3704 or 877-627-6237.
- North Dakota utilizes the 511 Traveler Information system where you can receive up-to-date, location-specific road and weather information on any highway in North Dakota. You simply dial “511″ from any phone to reach this system. You can also call 1-866-696-3511. Winter Road Reports are issued via the 511 system at various intervals between 5:00 AM and 9:00 PM daily, typically from November through mid-April. They are issued more frequently during severe weather events. Summer Road Reports are issued mid-April through October on the 511 system once daily or more often if conditions warrant.
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Neche and Gretna
- The Neche U.S. Customs Office is located at 10949 Hwy #18, Neche, ND 58265. Telephone Number: (701) 886-7744. This is U.S. Port #3404
- To contact Canadian Customs or other border patrol services at this port call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.
Neche / Gretna Port GPS Coordinates:
Current Road Conditions in North Dakota and Manitoba around the Neche and Gretna Ports
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of North Dakota and the Province of Manitoba. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Location and Traffic Map for the Neche and Gretna Ports of Entry
To view Current Traffic Conditions at this border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.
See our updates and travel tips on the COVID-19 coronavirus travel restrictions.