Beebe Plain / Stanstead – Beebe Road in Vermont / Quebec road C 247, Rue Principale
Beebe Plain is one of several nearby border towns which are split in two by the U.S. Canadian border. There are streets in this town where one side of the road is in Canada while the other side is in the United States. It is a very small town and traffic at the border crossing is light.
Beebe Plain / Stanstead Port Information
- Both the U.S. and Canadian ports are open 24 hrs per day, 7 days a week
- The US port is located at the southeast corner of Canusa Street and Beebe Road.
- The Canadian port is located at the northeast corner of Canusa Street and Rue Principale.
- There are no commercial services offered at this border crossing.
- No NEXUS or FAST lanes.
Travel Tips for the Beebe Plain / Stanstead Border Crossing
- Think twice about crossing the border at seemingly unmanned surface streets. Border officials patrol these areas constantly and use various types of surveillance to monitor streets without border stations. You have an obligation to report to a border station every time you cross the border whether it is attended or not. This is true no matter how you cross the border – walking, biking, skiing, or driving. If you are caught crossing without reporting to a border station you can face fines, jail time, and may be banned from ever crossing the border again even at a legal port.
- You can get 24 x 7 information on weather-related road conditions, construction and congestion by calling 5-1-1 within Vermont or by dialing 1-800-ICY-ROAD.
- Québec also has the 511 telephone service, available 24/7, which provides road conditions information. From within Quebec Province call 511 on any phone. You can also reach it from anywhere in North America by calling 1 888 355-0511 toll free.
- Beebe Plain / Stanstead Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 45.005946, -72.142088
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Beebe Plain and Stanstead
- The U.S. Customs office at Beebe Plain is managed out of the Derby Line office. You can contact them at (802) 873-3055.
- The Canadian port of Stanstead is located at 2 Principale street, Beebe QC J0B 3E5. To contact Canadian Customs or other border patrol services at this port call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.
Current Road Conditions in Vermont and Quebec
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of Vermont and the Province of Quebec. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Beebe Plain and Stanstead Ports of Entry Location and Traffic Map
To view Current Traffic Conditions at this border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.