Canaan / Hereford Road – Vermont Route 141 / Quebec Route 141
There are two ports of entry between Canada and the U.S. in the town of Canaan. The most westerly is Canaan / Hereford while Beecher Falls / East Hereford is further to the east. These are relatively lightly traveled border crossings.
Canaan and Hereford Port Information
- Both the U.S. port at Canaan and the Canadian port at Hereford are open 24 hrs per day, 7 days a week for auto traffic
- The hours for commercial traffic is more limited. Call the Customs Office at the numbers listed below for more information.
- No NEXUS or FAST lanes.
Travel Tips for Canaan / Hereford Port Customs and Border Crossing
- You can get 24 x 7 information on weather-related road conditions, construction and congestion by calling 5-1-1 within Vermont or by dialing 1-800-ICY-ROAD.
- Québec also has the 511 telephone service, available 24/7, which provides road conditions information. From within Quebec Province call 511 on any phone. You can also reach it from anywhere in North America by calling 1 888 355-0511 toll free.
Contact Information for the Canaan and Hereford Ports
You may use the telephone numbers below to contact the customs officials and border patrol officers who staff the ports at this border crossing.
- The U.S. Customs Office at Caanan (U.S. port #0206) is managed from the Beecher Falls port. You can call them at telephone Number: (802) 266-3375.
- The Canadian Port at Hereford (Canadian port #366) is located at 1871 Route 141, St-Hermenegilde QC J0B 2W0. To contact Canadian Customs or other border patrol services at this port call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.
Canaan / Hereford Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude:
Current Road Conditions in at the Canaan and Hereford Border crossing
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of Vermont and the Province of Quebec. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Location and Traffic Map for the Canaan and Hereford Ports of Entry
To view Current Traffic Conditions at this border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.