Blaine / Surrey / Pacific Highway Crossing / Truck Crossing, WA Hwy 543 / BC Hwy 15
Because trucks are not allowed at the Peace Arch border crossing on Highway 5, they are diverted to this port. That is why it is typically called “Pacific Highway Truck Crossing.” This port may also be used by cars, and it is sometimes a better choice than the Peace Arch crossing.
Current Traffic at the Blaine / Surrey Pacific Truck Port
Always check our page with real time weather, traffic, and border wait times to see conditions at the Blaine / Surrey border crossing.
Blaine / Surrey Border Crossing Information
- Hours of operation- 24 hours per day
- Northbound – 3 truck lanes, 5 auto lanes
- Southbound – 2 truck lanes, 6 auto lanes
- One FAST lane in each direction
- This port has NEXUS lanes for entering the U.S. or Canada. Nexus lanes are not typically open 24/7, so we have a separate page showing their hours of operation.
Map of Blaine / Surrey Border Crossing Area
Traveler Tips for the Pacific Highway Truck Crossing
- Here is a handy link to hotels in Washington state, and here is another link to hotels in British Columbia, Canada.
- In general, the northbound wait is less than that of the southbound delay.
- Northbound traffic tends to be lowest in the morning, with traffic peaking mid-day and remaining heavier till around 6 pm. Northbound traffic at the border on weekends tends to peak later and be busiest between 6 pm and 10 pm.
- NEXUS lane starts several miles before the border.
- Avoid Weekends – “A Saturday morning in Blaine is like a large city at rush hour.”
- Despite the addition of a FAST lane, it is reported that many commercial trucks have shifted to Sumas-Huntingdon and Lynden-Aldergrove.
- You can get customized traffic information for Washington over the phone using the 511 system. Simply dial 5-1-1 and say “traffic.” Next, say the road number, such as “5,” and receive up-to-the-minute updates on the road segment you plan to use. If you cannot dial 511 on your phone, you can also use the toll-free number: 1-800-695-7623.
- To hear current road conditions in British Columbia, you can call (800)-550-4997.
- On the Canadian side of the border, there is a West Coast Duty Free Store open 24 hours. It is located at 111 – 176th Street, Surrey B.C., Canada V3S 9S4. Phone (604) 538-3222. Once you enter the store, you cannot turn around and return to Canada. You must continue on to the U.S. Customs Office.
- On the U.S. side, there is a Duty Free Americas store located at 20-12th Street, Blaine, WA 98230 Telephone: (360) 332 – 5223. It is also open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Blaine / Surrey GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 49.00198, -122.73533
Wait Time Averages – Canada to U.S.
- January: 15 minutes
- February – June: 20 – 26 minutes
- July: 33 minutes
- August: 54 minutes
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Pacific Truck Crossing
- Blaine U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (360) 332-7237.
- For Canadian Customs at Surrey, call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS), which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.