Nighthawk / Chopaka – Similkameen Road Washington / Nighthawk Road British Columbia
This is a remote, rural border crossing known as “the Nighthawk crossing”. The town of Nighthawk has an official population of 5 people. Not surprisingly, this is the least used border crossing in Washington State.
Nighthawk / Chopaka Port Information
- Both the U.S. port of Nighthawk and the Canadian port of Chopaka are open 9:00 AM-5:00 PM, seven days a week (7)
- You can get customized traffic information for Washington over the phone using the 511 system. Simply dial 5-1-1 and say “traffic.” If you cannot dial 511 on your phone, you can also use the toll-free number 1-800-695-7623.
- To hear current road conditions in British Columbia, you can call (800)-550-4997.
- Nighthawk Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 49.000293, -119.662910
Contact Information for the Nighthawk and Chopaka Ports
You may use the telephone numbers below to contact the customs officials and border patrol officers who staff the ports at this border crossing.
- The US Nighthawk port is managed out of the Oroville office. You can contact them at (509) 476-2125.
- The Canadian port of Chopaka is located at 100 Nighthawk Rd, Cawston, BC V0X 1C3, Canada. To contact Canadian Customs, or other border services at this port, call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS), which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.
Nighthawk and Chopaka Ports of Entry Location and Traffic Map
To view Current Traffic Conditions at this border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.
Current Road Conditions in Washington State and British Columbia
The page below shows problems around the border crossing, such as roadway snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork.
- All current road advisories for the State of Washington and the Province of British Columbia.