Sumas / Abbotsford (Huntingdon) WA Hwy 9 / BC Hwy 11
Although this is one of the highest volume border crossings between the two countries, some readers recommend it over the three other Washington State ports to the west during heavy traffic periods.
Current Traffic at the Sumas / Huntingdon Border Crossing
Be sure to review our page with current road conditions, border wait times, traffic and weather at the Sumas / Abbotsford border crossing.
Sumas / Abbotsford Port Information
- Hours of Operation: Open 24 hours per day
- Southbound – 2 truck lanes, 4 auto lanes
- Northbound – 1 truck lane, 6 auto lanes
- This port has NEXUS lanes for entering the U.S. or Canada. We have a separate page showing Nexus lane hours for both countries.
Map of Sumas / Abbotsford Border Crossing Area
Travel Tips for the Sumas / Abbotsford Border Crossing
- Here is a handy link to hotels in Sumas, Washington and here is another link to hotels in Abbotsford, Canada.
- This border crossing can be much less crowded than all of the other ports in the area.
- You can get customized traffic information for Washington over the phone using the 511 system. Simply dial 5-1-1 and say “traffic”. If you cannot dial 511 on your phone you can also use the toll-free number 1-800-695-7623
- To hear current road conditions in British Columbia you can call (800)-550-4997.
- There is a Duty Free Americas shop on the U.S. side of the border at 108 Harrison Ave., Sumas, WA 98295 Telephone: (360) 988 – 9413. It is open 8am to 10pm Monday thru Sunday
- The Canadian duty free shop is located at 45 Douglas St, Abbotsford, BC V2S 8B7, Canada. (888) 852-7565
- Sumas / Huntingdon Port GPS coordinates – Latitude and Longitude: 49°0’8″N 122°15’55″W
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Sumas / Huntingdon
- Sumas U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (360) 988-2971
- You will need to call the Canadian Border Information Service (CBIS) for information on the Abbotsford port and border crossing rules and regulations.
See our updates and travel tips on the COVID-19 coronavirus travel restrictions.