The International Bridge at Sault Ste. Marie connects Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario with Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan. It serves as the northern terminus of Interstate 75. For hours, traffic, and complete information on this port of entry, see our page dedicated to the Sault Ste. Marie International Bridge border crossing.
International Bridge Toll Details
- You will pay the tolls shown below when traveling either direction on the bridge.
- Toll payments must be made in full in either U.S. or Canadian funds. You cannot make a payment using a mix of both types of currency.
- As of this writing, you cannot use a credit card to pay your toll.
- Canadian tolls rates are adjusted semi-annually in April and October to reflect currency changes between the U.S. and Canadian dollar. This is considered a currency exchange adjustment rather than a toll rate change.
- You can also pay your tolls with a IQ Prox Card. This is a RFID electronic toll payment card for passenger vehicles that can only be used at the Sault Ste. Marie International Bridge.
- The card is good for frequent bridge users, as toll rates are discounted.
- Cards can be purchased at the International Bridge Authority Administration Building at the address shown below.
- Prox Card holders can use dedicated toll booths, although all lanes, both northbound and southbound, will accept payment using the card. Dedicated Prox Card ONLY lanes are displayed on the digital message signs on the toll plaza canopy.
Source: Sault Ste. Marie International Bridge Authority
Contact Information for the International Bridge (IBA)
This bridge is managed by the Sault Ste. Marie International Bridge Authority.
IBA Administration Building
934 Bridge Plaza
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
US Telephone: (906) 635-5255
CDN Telephone: (705) 942-4345
If you have any problem with this page or spot any errors please email ezbordercrossing.com so we make the necessary repairs.